4.2.12

Gettin' Nutty.


Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts lately but I have been so busy lately with school, moving etc.. Thanks to my home economics teacher, I discovered almonds. I have been obsessed with these nutty treats lately and heres why!


Almonds can prevent cancer. Because they are low in saturated fats and high in other nutrients that protect your body such as calcium, magnesium and vitamin E, almonds can lessen your risk of getting cancer and cardiovascular disease. 


Almonds are the best whole food source of vitamin E.  Almonds contain 35% of your daily need of vitamin E. It might not sound like a whole lot but when a nut can make your skin look better and your hair look healthier (which it has been doing!) it is a lot. 


Almonds can be eaten in so many different ways. Allergic to peanuts and can't have peanut butter? Almonds are for you. Try almond butter on your toast instead. Stuck on what to top a cake with? Sprinkle some lightly toasted almonds on it to make it delicious. 


Less than one ounce of almonds contain more calcium than a cup of milk. My home ec. teacher told me this one and I was beyond excited when I heard it. I love calcium, it makes you grow and it prevent osteoporosis. However, milk does contain cow hormones (eeek!) which can lead to break outs. Almonds don't. So if you need some calcium and don't want a glass of milk, grab some nuts. 








p.s don't forget to enter the giveaway! 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Oddly enough, I have never tried them! My brother has a nut allergy, so we never had anything like that around in my house.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should definately try them some time! :) x

      Delete
  2. lovely article! i really love almond, especially chocolate with almon?kissesd.
    dear, i have a giveaway if you dont mind, would you please to join it

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I don't know about this before. thanks for sharing! have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That picture is so cute :)
    and nice post, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you everyone for commenting and reading our blog posts! If you have just found our blog, please do leave your blog url as we will go look at your blog!

Happy reading!
xoxo
Twitter: Green_raybans98
Facebook: facebook.com/thegreenraybans
Email: mickeyminnie8901@gmail.com
Instagram: eliansari , nicolelemesurier

© Singaporean Fashion blog by Nicole Le Mesurier. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig